Saturday, August 17, 2013

Narrow is the Path

Here I compiled pictures from various parts of the hike we took today. I was intrigued by the diverse path. It changed often: limestone, grass, dirt, clay, flowers, pavement, etc. I felt it was a spiritual representation of the journeys we are all on. Here is the pictoral journey of the path I walked today as well as a few words at the end inspired by it:


















Here I walk, O Soul,
Here I tread.
My feet walk the grounds set before me,
And my heart will follow if it doesn’t precede.

Each step bears resemblance to a change
In my heart,
And I see the marks of a Savior as I
Rejoice in the Way.
Joy, sweet joy,
I will walk in the path You have prepared,
Lo, though the surroundings may change,
And the path become gravel, sand, clay,
Grass.
Here I trek, here I go.
Lead on, Gracious One,
Beckon me to follow,
I am coming!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, how awesome and refreshing are the pictures and the reminder of our journey with the Lord in this life He has given us to be His reflection on His earth. The poem not only challenges but communicates a heart desiring to be faithful even if the steps before us are not sure.
    Truly the Lord is doing amazing things in this community with these precious people of His and the servant teachers who have committed to be His reflection in this moment. Love you so very much Ashley!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, Ashley! The photos and the poem fit together so well, and are a good reminder to me of how varied our path with the Lord can be. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete