Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Fon Dèyè (Deep Pursuit)

Wheels turning,
My spirit’s yearning,
I want to eat it all up.
I want to know what your Spirit says,
As it indwells your people upon the
Pearl of the Caribbean.
I want to know what your Spirit feels
And the work You are pressing into the hearts
And minds of Your precious children in
The Pearl of the Caribbean.
I want to know the deeply rooted traditions,
Daily chores, practices, welcomes.
I want to dine with the people,
Recline and become refined with Your people.
I want to know the history that dates…
Oh yes, way back into the treacherous
Dark ancestry of inhabitations and taking-over.
I want to hear and repeat and communicate
The thoughts in our hearts in the tongue
That was carved from another and created into
Its own creole word formation creation.
I want to stand in awe of a God so divine as to
Create all that I see in a place unlike that of my birth,
Mixed with love and hate, richness with greatest weakness.
I want to see and know,
I want to hear the beat of my heart in step
With Yours as You
Gaze with Your eyes of burning love’s desire,
Upon the children You foresaw and created,
A time and place that was foreknown to You.
I want to weep as Your tears fall,
And mourn as Your heart aches,
For the return of Your kingdom in this place.
It will return.
I will stand on this patch of dried up grass,
And I will stretch out both hands, all heart, a little bit of mind,
I will pursue with my being the destiny You imagined would be

Before time began, Zanmi (friend). 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  2. I was refreshed by the beauty of your words, and the passion of your heart to be a reflection of our Lord and Saviour, to His creation in Haiti. As I read and re-read the fragrance of your words, I sensed a heart in surrender to our Lord, to be the whatever He wanted you to be, so that those you touch, will clearly see and feel Jesus.
    With Prayers and Abundant Love,dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Ashley! Love, Aunt Rhonda

    ReplyDelete